The Zetasizer Ultra (Malvern Panalytical) provides size distribution and zeta potential measurements of stable suspended particles or large molecules in a liquid medium. This equipment allows the analysis of samples while varying the temperature in a reproducible way. Additionally, measurements of particle concentration can also be performed.
Tipus de mesures:
- Size distribution of particles
- Zeta potential of stable dispersions
- Particle concentration
- Nanomaterials characterization
- Paint, dye and coatings formulation. Determination of product properties such as dispersibility, colour, tensile strength, surface finish, durability and lifespan. Such formulations have to provide physical properties that are stable and maintain its characteristics throughout its service life.
- Food industry. Size distribution measurements and zeta potential analyses can be useful to improve the physical appearance and taste of food, beverages and flavouring substances. The results can be used to lengthen the product lifespan by improving its stability.
- Pharmaceutical industry. Stability and quality characterization of dispersions, emulsions and skin lotions while reducing the time employed for its formulation.