The equipment Exploris 120 Mass Spectrometer from Thermo Scientific with a Spectroglyph MALDI source, combines a high-resolution mass analyzer for accurate mass detection, coupled to a matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization source (MALDI). It allows the acquisition of data in MS and MS/MS modes, to facilitate the molecular identification and quantification of organic compounds in complex matrices. In addition, it supports the acquisition of mass imaging spectrometry (MSI) experiments.
- MALDI source that allows the ionization of thermolabile molecules.
- High resolution spectrometer (HRMS) with a minimum resolution of 40,000 (at a mass of 500 m/z) and a Orbitrap-type analyzer.
- Tandem MS experiments by coupling the high-resolution mass spectrometer with a nominal MS resolution (such as quadrupole or ion trap)
- m/z range of at least 50-3000.
- Acquisition experiments in Imaging mode Mass Spectrometry (MSI).
- Qualitative analysis
- Identification of metabolites and peptides
- Tissue images
- Analysis of small polymers
- Protein characterization
- Untargeted studies of low molecular weight compounds in solid state biological samples (biological tissue samples, histological sections, biopsy samples, etc.)
- Top - down sequencing
This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund of the European Union in the framework of the State Plan for Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation 2017-2020 with an eligible expenditure of 500.000€.